Arts centre BUDA and its team is, since 2006, using its know-how and infrastructure to support various creative processes within the performing arts. In general, Arts centre BUDA is hosting up to 65 residencies per year – from elaborated technical rehearsal residencies in theater spaces to simple studio work or research residencies.
Arts centre BUDA gladly questions its experiences and expectations in order to consider any proposal you might apply with. They have the know-how and the tools to support different creative processes. You want to propose a very long residency of several months? You need to work in a enterprise, in a school, or in a public space? You prefer a content residency to dive deeper into content related research? Or would you like to discuss the possibility of a publishing residency? You want to come and work on the conditions of art production? Or focus on the documentation of previous pieces? BUDA is happy to discuss and evaluate together with you if and how they can help you realise your proposal.
Type of residency
Arts Centre BUDA has two residency houses – sixteen rooms all together – with shared facilities like bathrooms and kitchens. The use of the houses is part and parcel of a residency, and often a decisive part in the decision they are taking regarding the applications: their continuous aim is to compose the best possible puzzle – accepting as many residencies as possible – with the rooms they have at their disposal. The residency has no definite period, it can be from a week to months depending on the artist. Applications for residencies can be done at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please make sure to answer following questions in your application:
– A short description of the project – few lines to max one page will do fine.
– How can BUDA support the project?
– Your favourite timing for the residency – plus alternative dates if possible.
– What kind of space you are looking for?
– Number of people involved and number of rooms needed for lodging.
Applications will be treated approximately one year ahead, and in general we book in following four rounds:
– deadline March 1st 2020 – for residencies taking place from March 2021 till May 2021
– deadline June, 1st 2020 – for the residencies taking place from June 2021 till August 2021
– deadline September, 1st 2020 – for the residencies taking place from September 2021 till November 2021
– deadline December, 1st 2020 – for the residencies taking place from December 2021 till February 2022